i will, only when social occasion dictates 29%  29%  [ 17 ]
like it, every month or two 10%  10%  [ 6 ]
at least once a week 10%  10%  [ 6 ]
fucking chronic 8%  8%  [ 5 ]
Total votes : 59
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 11:25 am 
Gayford R. Tincture

Option 3, but that's not entirely accurate. Sort of option 2, but I'd consider 4-5 years of heavy usage more than just "experimented".

There are very few people I'll smoke with now. Almost none of my current friends smoke, which is great. I started trying to get away from it about midway through college, but it took a couple of years to actually accomplish. I really only quit once I started dating my wife who wouldn't tolerate it at all.

I think it should be legal for a lot of reasons, but I'm by no means "pro-pot".

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 11:31 am 
Bedroom Demos

Chronic. Having a regular supply most of the time due knowing growers definitely helps.

Currently it's a nighttime thing only during the week, all day on the weekends. I should probably stop soon for a while to clean out my system as I'm currently a temp and may go perm. If I go perm, there's a test involved.

Somehow I passed the test when I got the temp offer. I took one of those masking agent drinks and somehow passed. I took a test immediately when I got back from the testing facility and I was still within the 'clean' window - according to the masking agent - but I pissed a REAL hot 'positive'. So I have no idea how I passed it.

Working for a defense contractor sucks in the whole I-like-to-smoke-weed department. Luckily, I'm not in a sensitive area, but as I said, if they make me a permanent employee, I'll have to pass a test before they hire me.

Given the slipshod methods of this place, I may get an offer in about 1 1/2 months, a year, or never. I just don't know.

So yeah - until I make the quit due to the impending test, I'm a chronic.

And yeah - I have Generalized Anxiety Disorder and am medicated with Lexapro for it. On the upside(?) though, I've had it since I was a child - at times it's been paralyzing - and those times were mostly prior to cannibis interactions. Cannibis actually lowers my anxiety, my panic attacks and my overall discomfort in social situations. It also slows me down from being so damn hyper and spastic.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 11:38 am 
The fucking cluemaster

lots of generalizations up in this bitch of a thread.

Profile WWW 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 11:40 am 
frostingspoon

Smoked several times a week in high school. Good times.

Smoked from time to time, depending on company & mood in college. I haven't touched it in probably 10-12 years, For the last couple years I'd like to do it again, but it's more of a nostalgia thing than anything else.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 11:46 am 
Indie Debut

I don't understand how non-straightedge people can go without trying it. I guess it's the people I grew up with and hung out with, but it's just always been so...around. Literally, every person I know smokes regularly with the exception of one guy who started when I did (around age 13) and stopped at 16.

I don't like hanging out with stoners, but I don't trust people who've never tried it. It just seems odd to me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 11:49 am 
frostingspoon

Yes, when I've got it, I smoke it. Usually comes out to a few times a month (which isn't one of the poll choices), so I guess when the social situation dictates is the closest choice. I haven't bought in a while due to living with roommates who don't condone.

I use it to de-stress and before concerts and certain movies.

Last edited by discostu on Tue May 26, 2009 11:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 11:51 am 
The fucking cluemaster

i consider myself an extremely productive non-boring adult.

Profile WWW 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 11:52 am 
A True Aristocrat of Freedom

catswilleatyou Wrote:
i consider myself an extremely productive non-boring adult.

And how do others consider you? :wink:

Throughout his life, from childhood until death, he was beset by severe swings of mood. His depressions frequently encouraged, and were exacerbated by, his various vices. His character mixed a superficial Enlightenment sensibility for reason and taste with a genuine and somewhat Romantic love of the sublime and a propensity for occasionally puerile whimsy.
harry Wrote:
I understand that you, of all people, know this crisis and, in your own way, are working to address it. You, the madras-pantsed julip-sipping Southern cracker and me, the oldman hippie California fruit cake are brothers in the struggle to save our country.

FT Wrote:
LooGAR (the straw that stirs the drink)

Profile WWW 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 12:02 pm 
frostingspoon

Did anybody see the ridiculous CNBC special on marijuana last night? So ridiculous. The reporting was painfully slanted. They interviewed a single family who was moving out of Mendocino county because they just couldn't take having neighbors who grew pot, implying without any evidence that there is some mass exodus of upstanding people in the area. Then they interviewed some guys who grow and sell pot, but who asked to be left anonymous, so they filmed the interview in a dark smoky bar while the dudes played pool and hid in the shadows. All the while the ditzy reporter responded with incredulity to everything, like she hadn't been told going in that she was doing a story on marijuana in California.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 12:03 pm 
Gayford R. Tincture

I know a couple of pothead creative-types who were/are pretty productive and are definitely not boring.

I would consider them both at least a little immature, though, and not just because they smoke pot.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 12:13 pm 
Rape Gaze

i think they're productive at things they want to do but when it comes to actual work, no.

Profile WWW 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 12:46 pm 
Smoke

konstantinl Wrote:
For the over twenty-fives, smoking weed is a rejection of adult life, much akin to walking around with a teddy bear or comfort blanket.

This is the dumbest shit you've ever posted.

I know several friend's parents who are successful people who still smoke. To me, weed is ubiquitous as alcohol. Much like everything, it should be done in moderation but if firing one up is your equivalent of having some drinks after work then go ahead.

Anyone out of college that still treats weed as some type of lifestyle, I've long since stopped having contact with them.

This coming from a guy who may light up once in a blue moon but I think it should've been legalized years ago.

Also, FWIW, hitting up some kind bud and then sitting on a sandy beach with a cold drink on vacation is one of life's small pleasures.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 12:51 pm 
Gayford R. Tincture

boner pills Wrote:
i think they're productive at things they want to do but when it comes to actual work, no.

Yeah, I don't think this is necessarily true. It really depends on the person. One of the two guys I mentioned above is pretty successful and works really, really hard.

He may or may not need to smoke pot to keep himself from killing people, though.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 12:58 pm 
The Listerine Queen

I don't actually have a problem with it and the useless people I mentioned are useless in addition to smoking, not because of it.

I was also pretty introverted with little social life until my early 20s, so it wasn't really an option before then and after I just didn't see the point in starting/trying it. Like I need to spend even more money every month.

Profile YIM 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 1:01 pm 
Natural Harvester

Drano Wrote:
boner pills Wrote:

Yeah, I don't think this is necessarily true. It really depends on the person.

agreed. one of my best friends smokes a few times a day, works very hard, and makes a SHITLOAD of money.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 1:08 pm 
The fucking cluemaster

boner pills Wrote:

I guess if you put it that way, this could be true for myself.

BUT-I don't feel that being a good worker bee for something that you genuinely don't give a shit about is an admirable quality. (EDIT: unless it's all for feeding your children. then it's super duper i guess)

I do everything I can to work towards a rad full time art related career. When I get there I'll be prolific day and night. But for now, I don't think that any of the slacking I do (with jobs I don't enjoy) is in any way related to the little bit of grass I burn every couple of weeks.

Profile WWW 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 1:14 pm 
Failed Reunion

Smoked pretty much every day from 1994-1998 with a few extended breaks (mostly a few weeks here and there and about 9 months off during 1996-7), then about 3-4 times a week til 2000. Took about 6-7 years off, and I've recently gone back on a once per month basis.

I did struggle with a pretty serious psychological addiction in college, to the extent that it made me a significantly lazier and less motivated person. It also desensitized me, to a certain degree. I don't regret using the drug, but I certainly regret abusing it. Even though finishing college with decent grades was relatively easy for me despite smoking pot all the time, it made me try less and care less, and sidetracked me from having concrete goals and plans for the future until after I recovered from abusing it. I don't look back on those years too fondly as a result, although I don't blame the substance.

I think if used in moderation it's certainly a much better choice than alcohol. I would gladly take a stoner over an alkie any day of the week.

Also, I really like to have it around, even though I go through like an eighth a year these days. :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 1:26 pm 
frostingspoon

I just never managed to tryit in high school, probably because I detest cigarettes and it was close enough. Then once it'd been awhile, like 22 years old or so, I guess I just figured I'd be the only person I know to have not done it. It just doesn't feel like something I'd do, though I can't explain why. One day the wife will trick me with brownies or something, probably.

[quote="Bloor"]He's either done too much and should stay out of the economy, done too little because unemployment isn't 0%, is a dumb ingrate who wasn't ready for the job or a brilliant mastermind who has taken over all aspects of our lives and is transforming us into a Stalinist style penal economy where Christian Whites are fed into meat grinders. Very confusing[/quote]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 1:28 pm 
frostingspoon

Cap'n Squirrgle Wrote:
I just never managed to tryit in high school, probably because I detest cigarettes and it was close enough. Then once it'd been awhile, like 22 years old or so, I guess I just figured I'd be the only person I know to have not done it. It just doesn't feel like something I'd do, though I can't explain why.

basically the same

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 1:40 pm 
frostingspoon

"like it, every month or two"

used to be close to a daily thing back in college and for the first coupla of years i moved out here. then "responsibility" kicked in i guess. it's been even more sparse since we had the kid...concerts or whenever someone else would break it out, maybe buy a bag once or twice a year. i do have to hide the bag from the wife though. i could make it last a while, but if it were left up to her, it'd be gone in a couple days.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 1:44 pm 
Go Platinum

e-stone Wrote:
but if it were left up to her, it'd be gone in a couple days.

so, your wife puffs like a chimney, huh?

Profile WWW 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 1:52 pm 
frostingspoon

paper Wrote:
e-stone Wrote:
but if it were left up to her, it'd be gone in a couple days.

so, your wife puffs like a chimney, huh?

she definitley likes her weeg.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 2:02 pm 
Rape Gaze

maybe i should amend that to housework.

Profile WWW 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 3:15 pm 
The fucking cluemaster

my current stance on the weed legalization:

- i don't think the government can earn a ton of money from taxing it
- i don't think the government legalizing it "medicinally" is a step in the right direction

i do however think that it should be legalized
because
- it's a relatively harmless recreational drug that most people think should be legalized.
- this part of the drug war is too expensive.

Profile WWW 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 3:29 pm 
A True Aristocrat of Freedom

[quote="catswilleatyou"][/quote]

Dear Cats,
I have helped you become a quasi hippie freak, but your basic misunderstanding of business means you need to read up on a little thing called "A Billion Dollar Industry Just in the State of California" and all the tax implications and ramifications therein.

Signed,
GWEEG

Throughout his life, from childhood until death, he was beset by severe swings of mood. His depressions frequently encouraged, and were exacerbated by, his various vices. His character mixed a superficial Enlightenment sensibility for reason and taste with a genuine and somewhat Romantic love of the sublime and a propensity for occasionally puerile whimsy.
harry Wrote:
I understand that you, of all people, know this crisis and, in your own way, are working to address it. You, the madras-pantsed julip-sipping Southern cracker and me, the oldman hippie California fruit cake are brothers in the struggle to save our country.

FT Wrote:
LooGAR (the straw that stirs the drink)

Profile WWW 

Board index : Music Talk : Rock/Pop

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next